In accordance with our Terms of Service, You must be 13 years old or older to use our Services. You may use the Services if you are under 18 years old and at least 13 years old, but you must have permission and direct supervision by a parent or guardian, or the owner of the account. Individuals under age 13 are not permitted to use the Services. You are responsible for any and all account activity conducted by individuals under 18 years old on your account.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. We may collect the following categories and specific elements of information that, alone or in combination, may be Personal Information depending on applicable laws in your location:
- Contact Information, such as: name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, and email address.
- Electronic Information, such as: IP address, cookie ID, hardware identifier for the device you used to access the Services, mobile identifiers, browser and device information, and Apps usage data.
- Images, such as: photos you upload to the Service or otherwise provide to us in connection with your use of the services, including location data that may be embedded in the metadata of the images.
- Social Media Information, such as: information you voluntarily provide in support or help interactions with us, such as social media URL, social media alias, and other social media profile data.
- Other Identifying Information You Voluntarily Provide, such as: race, sex, gender, age, ethnicity, marital status, household characteristics, and important dates (such as birthdays, wedding dates, and anniversary dates).
- Commercial information, such as: purchase history and Services interests.
If you choose to apply for job openings through our Careers page or otherwise contact us regarding employment opportunities, we may collect the following:
- Contact Information, such as: name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
- Employment Information, such as: prior employers and dates of employment.
- Education Information, such as: education history, degrees earned, and institutions attended.
- Job Qualification Information, such as: resume, CV, educational transcripts and any information contained in or with such documentation.
- Work Eligibility Information, such as: country of residence, visa and immigration status, and citizenship.
- Reference Information, such as: name and contact details of your references and information your references provide.
- Compensation Information You Voluntarily Provide, such as: past compensation details and desired compensation details. Note that we do not request past compensation details and any such information at your election.
- Social Media Information, such as: if you provide us a link to or other access to a social media account, we may collect or access any information you permit to be shared through or from your social media account and other information depending on the social media platform.
- Background check information, subject to applicable law.
- Sensitive Personal Information, such as: race, disability status, and nationality that you provide voluntarily or which we request on a non-mandatory basis in order to comply with applicable law.
In some instances, we may combine information above that is not identifiable with Personal Information. If we so combine information such that it is Personal Information, the combined Personal Information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is so combined.
2. SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect or source Personal Information as follows and from the below categories of sources of Personal Information:
FROM YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES: We may collect Personal Information directly or indirectly from you through the Services, e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, create an account, make a purchase, use our Website or Apps, contact us through our support channels, communicate with us through social media platforms, or interact with us at in-person at events or over the phone. Some information may be collected using cookies or other similar technologies. Please review the section below “Cookies And Other Technologies” for further information.
FROM THIRD-PARTY SOURCES: We may receive your Personal Information from third-party sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; marketing service and data providers; photo storage and processing platforms; social media platforms (for example if you permit information to be shared from or accessed through your social media account); from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Services account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles on that social media platform (or another linked service). Connecting the Services to social media platforms is optional, and your use of such social media platforms is subject to those platforms’ policies and terms.
3. HOW WE MAY USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information for the following business and other purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your orders, for example, to process your payments, deliver your order to you, communicate with you regarding your order and provide you with related customer service and support.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you and otherwise for our marketing, advertising and promotion activities related to our Services, including via SMS text messages or phone calls to the mobile phone number you provided (with your consent where required by applicable law).
- To operate, maintain, secure, and protect our Services.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To enable your participation in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules or terms, which may contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
- To facilitate social media platform sharing functionality.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To process your job application(s) or otherwise respond to you regarding employment inquiries.
- To engage in other legitimate purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
4. HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers and partners who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure services, customer service, email delivery and other advertising and marketing services, auditing, provision of content (including photos) for use with the Service with your consent, and other similar services. Payment processing service providers process payment card data and other related information. Artifact Uprising does not store your payment card data in the context of processing your purchases. Data obtained through the SMS short code program will not be shared with any third-parties for their marketing reasons/purposes.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services.
- To otherwise share your Personal Information with your consent or pursuant to your instructions.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- To a competent authority in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To law enforcement officials, government authorities or other third parties as necessary to protect our or your rights, property or safety, or that of our business partners, or as otherwise required by applicable law, for example to investigate fraud.
- In an aggregated and de-identified or anonymized form.
- For other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
5. COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are randomly-generated alphanumeric pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer used to browse a website. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Services, pages visited, language preferences, and other internet traffic data. Similar technologies may be used instead of or in conjunction with cookies, such as web beacons, which are small, non-recognizable pictures downloaded to your computer when a specific website is loaded.
We use information from cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
- To help maintain the security of our Services.
- To facilitate navigation, display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while using the Services, including recognizing you as a unique visitor (with a random alphanumeric identifier).
- To conduct Website analytics to understand how users use our Websites and improve the Websites and our Services.
- To assist your use of the Services.
- To help us resolve questions and other inquiries regarding the Services.
- To allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests.
- To avoid showing you the same advertisements repeatedly.
- To support sales and marketing activities such as campaign analytics and provide direct marketing communications to you if you have consented to receive such communications, where applicable.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Required Cookies: Required cookies are necessary for the operation, maintenance, and/or security of our Services.
Functionality Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use our Services, such as which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages from web pages. As set forth above, we may use third parties to help us understand how visitors engage with our Services. This means that when you engage with our Services, your browser automatically sends certain information to these third parties. This includes, for example, the web address of the page you’re visiting and your IP address. These cookies additionally remember choices you make (such as your language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced or more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages you can customize.
Targeting and Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see a certain advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They may be placed by third-party advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and may share this information with other organizations such as advertisers.
Two types of cookies may be used on our Websites: session cookies (which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site) and persistent cookies (which remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer, though the time period will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie or until you delete your cookies).
DISABLING AND ENABLING COOKIES
You can use your browser or device settings to review and erase or delete cookies at any time. Note that by disabling certain categories of cookies you may be prevented from accessing some features of our Services, certain content or functionality may not be available, or the Services may not operate correctly.
Depending on your location, you may also opt out of third-party cookies relating to behavioral advertising by visiting the following websites:
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA): www.youronlinechoices.eu and www.edaa.eu
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA): www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI): optout.networkadvertising.org
Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your browsing preferences and usage patterns. You may temporarily continue to see some tailored ads produced from ongoing advertising campaigns.
DO NOT TRACK
There are different ways to prevent tracking of online activities. Some web browsers may allow you to enable a do-not-track feature that alerts the websites you visit that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. Our Websites may not recognize or react in response to do-not-track signals. At present, no generally accepted standards exist on how companies must respond to do-not-track signals. In the event a final standard is established, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to these signals.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS AND OTHER GOOGLE SERVICES
We use Google Analytics to understand how users use our Services. To learn more about Google Analytics and its practices, please visit the Google Analytics web page or the Google Analytics “Safeguarding your data” web page. To learn about adjusting your Google Analytics cookie settings, please visit the Google Analytics browser privacy settings website.
We use third-party advertising platforms, such as Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google AdWords, and Google Analytics, to analyze users’ interactions with our ads, to advertise online, and to conduct remarketing. These services allow third-party vendors, including Google, to display our ads on third-party sites across the Internet. We and our third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to and activity on our Site and interactions with our ad impressions and ad services. You can learn about Google’s practices and exercise additional opt-out choices offered by Google by visiting www.google.com/settings/ads.
6. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We implement appropriate physical, technical and administrative measures designed to protect your Personal Information that we maintain within our organization against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
If we learn of and confirm the occurrence of a security incident leading to the misappropriation or accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, your personal information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed on our systems that compromises the confidentiality, integrity or availability of your Personal Information, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services or by sending you an email or otherwise in accordance with applicable law.
8. YOUR CHOICES
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by 1) logging into your account and changing your profile settings or 2) clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in any such communication. Please also note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages.
If you have an account with us, you may review and update some of your personal information online at https://www.artifactuprising.com/customer/account/ or, if this web page is not available, by contacting us directly at email@example.com with sufficient detail in order for us to verify and evaluate your request. For digital cert validation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing related SMS text messages, you may opt-out of SMS text messages as described in the text message (which may be by replying with STOP to the message you received).
You may request deletion of your personal information by contacting us and providing the required verification information and other details we need in order to handle the request appropriately. We may, to the extent permitted under applicable laws, retain and continue to process personal information in accordance with certain exceptions. To request deletion of your personal information, please complete the Privacy and Data Protection Request Form.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable law.
Please see additional information in our European Privacy Notice Supplement and California Privacy Notice Supplement, as applicable to you.
9. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Notice Supplement.
10. EUROPEAN UNION USERS
If you are located in the European Union, please review our European Privacy Notice Supplement.
11. RETENTION PERIOD
12. USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected personal information of a minor through our sites without appropriate consent, please notify us through our inquiry form so that we may immediately delete the information from our servers and make any other necessary corrections. Please see our Terms of Service for more information on use of our Service by individuals under 13.
13. CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data privacy and data protection rules than those of your country. To the extent Personal Information is transferred to a recipient in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Information, we will take measures designed to adequately protect your Personal Information in accordance with applicable law.
14. SENSITIVE INFORMATION
Do not send us, directly or indirectly, any sensitive or special categories of Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers or other national identifiers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise. We do not require and do not request any sensitive or special categories of Personal Information in connection with our provision of the Services. Any such information that may be implied or apparent from images you provide to us through the Services are incidental to our provision of the Service and are only used to fulfill orders you place through the Services. We do not as a matter of course monitor any content you upload through the Websites or Services. Please review our Terms of Service for details regarding User Content.
16. CONTACTING US
Updated May, 2022